An air compressor is basically a device that converts fuel into potential energy through compressed air. The consumer grade ones can be used in various home applications like inflating a tire or be used on brad guns. Professional ones can be used in various air tools and the industrial grade ones are the ones that can be used on a number of heavy duty tasks like serving as a power source in an oil rig and so on.
It’s obvious that if you plan to buy one, you need extensive knowledge on how air compressors work and know what you want. This isn’t something that a person that doesn’t know anything about it or hasn’t experience it can easily buy. But if you only know very little about it and you’re tasked to buy an air compressor for whatever purpose, there are things that you need to consider when you buy one like the type, the specs to even the brand.
The types of air compressors: Basically there are three types of air compressors that you need to know. When you plan to buy or you’re buying an air compressor, these are one of things that you should know about since it all starts from here. This is the general and will only get more specific down under.
The three basic types of air compressors are
- Reciprocating air compressors
- Rotary screw air compressors
- Rotary centrifugal air compressors
The three types of air compressors can further be specified by
- The number of compression stages that it has
- The type of cooling method that it has (air, water, oil)
- The drive method that it has (motor, engine, steam, other)
- The type of lubrication that it has (oil, Oil-Free where Oil Free means no lubricating oil contacts the compressed air)
- packaged or custom-builtP
The specs: When you buy an air compressor you also need to consider the specifications that it has. The specifications are the deal breakers. These specs can be a want or a need, some people can live with a few lacking specs while some require the best and the latest ones with all the specs. These can be a personal preferences or a need that one requires to perform their job. If you are buying an air compressor, it’s important to note the things that you want an air compressor to have. If you don’t know about it, you can ask the people that use it often of the salespeople.
The brand: One of the things that you also need to consider is the brand. You see, when you buy an air compressor there are brands that are widely known to make really good air compressors like fs curtis. If you don’t know much about air compressors, all the more that you need to stick with a specific brand.
- GS Series Rotary Screw Air Compressors
- SEG Series Rotary Screw Air Compressor
- SE Series Rotary Screw Air Compressors
- RS Series RS10D-RS50D Rotary Screw Air Compressors
- RS Series RS50D-RS300D Rotary Screw Air Compressors
- AF Series Automatic Flow Variable Speed Air Compressors
Buying an air compressor will demand knowledge about it because one can’t simply buy one with no knowledge about it. With so many types, models and variations from various brands it can be overwhelming and you’re bound to make some really significant mistakes. Luckily there are ways to do it like identifying the type, the specs to even the brand. If you happen to be looking in the market for an fs curtis air compressor, click the hyperlink.